DOÑA LOCA COCKTAIL RECIPE | POMEGRANATE GINGER MEZCAL PALOMA
‘Tis the season for holiday parties, celebratory nights out with friends, and, of course, festive cocktails! To ‘cheers’ to the winter holiday season, we were recently inspired to try out blogger Half Baked Harvest’s Spicy Pomegranate Ginger Paloma recipe – but swapped out tequila for Doña Loca Espadín mezcal to incredibly delicious results. We highly recommend making this seasonal cocktail (with kick) for your next gathering this month.
Makes 1 drink
2 oz Doña Loca Espadín Mezcal
1/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
1/4 cup pomegranate juice
Juice from 1/2 a lime
3/4 hibiscus simple syrup
2-3 tablespoons Spicy Ginger Syrup
Ginger beer, for topping
- Fill your glass with ice.
- Add the pomegranate juice, grapefruit juice, lime juice, spicy ginger syrup, and mezcal.
- Stir to combine and then top with ginger beer.
Spicy Ginger Syrup Ingredients
- Bring 1/2 cup water, the honey, ginger, and cayenne to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling simmer, 1-2 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Add the mint, cover, and let sit 10 minutes.
- Strain out the ginger and mint.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.